Rustic Melodies · Wild Wild West Cowboy Anthems & Saloon Stories
Found it folded in my saddle bag.
在马鞍袋里发现它,折得皱皱的。
Paper worn and the ink run black.
纸张泛黄磨损,墨迹晕成一片黑。
Postmarked dated near a month ago
邮戳日期已是近一个月前
from a town I used to know.
来自一座我曾熟悉的小镇。
And I start shaking as I read your name.
念出你名字时,我开始不住颤抖。
Rosie, Lord it hit like rain.
罗西,天啊,这冲击如暴雨倾盆。
I broke that seal with a heavy hand.
我用沉重的手拆开信封。
Didn't know if I could stand.
不知自己是否还撑得住。
Every word felt like a ghost
每一字都像一缕幽魂
from the girl I love the most.
来自我最深爱的那个女孩。
It was a letter from Rosie.
这是一封罗西的来信。
Saying why'd you leave me this way?
信上写着,你为何要这样离我而去?
Said the nights got cold and lonely
她说夜晚变得寒冷又孤寂
and the sky felt the same.
连天空也一样黯淡空茫。
She wrote I waited by that old porch light.
她写,我守在那盏旧门廊灯下等你。
Hoping you'd come back one day.
盼着有一天你会归来。
Now I'm holding words from yesterday that came
如今我捧着昨日传来的字句
Too late to stay.
却已太迟,再也留不住。
She said the town still speaks my name,
她说小镇上仍有人提起我,
but not like it did before I left.
却已不像我离开前那般温情。
Said my shadow never left those streets,
她说我的影子从未离开那些街巷,
even though I chose to leave.
即便我亲手选择了远走他乡。
Your old coat still hangs by the door,
你的旧外套仍挂在门边,
boot marks faded on the floor.
地板上的靴印早已淡去。
I kept your side of the bed untouched.
你睡的那半边床,我始终未曾动过。
Got that line hurt too much, ever since.
从那以后,那句话伤我太深。
Cut so deep, like promises I couldn't keep.
伤口刻骨,像那些我没能守住的诺言。
It was a letter from Rosie.
这是一封罗西的来信。
Saying I tried to understand,
她说我曾试着去理解,
said she prayed I'd find my own way back.
她曾祈祷,盼我能找到回家的路。
But life don't follow plans.
可人生从不会按计划走。
She wrote if you ever read this note,
她写,若你某天读到这封信,
just know I gave my heart.
要记得,我曾把真心全部给你。
Now I'm holding what's left of us.
如今我握着我们仅剩的一切。
Last one said don't come back for me.
最后一句写着:别再回来找我。
I'm already where you used to be.
我已去往你曾经停留的地方。
Church bells rang in the distance slow.
远处教堂钟声缓缓响起。
And suddenly I knew I was too late to go.
那一刻我忽然明白,一切都已太迟。
It was a letter from Rosie.
这是一封罗西的来信。
From a world I can't return.
来自一个我再也回不去的世界。
Every word a quiet goodbye,
每一字都是无声的告别,
every page a lesson learned.
每一页都是刻骨铭心的教训。
She waited long as she could wait,
她已尽她所能等了太久,
but time don't ever bend.
可时光从不为谁回头。
Now I'm riding with her memory.
如今我带着她的回忆独自前行。
Don't know how to end.
不知该如何收场。
Folded that letter, held it to my chest,
折起信,紧紧按在胸口,
like I could bring her back to rest.
仿佛这样就能唤她回来。
But the wind just took what I couldn't say,
可风只带走了我没能说出口的话,
and carried her name away.
将她的名字,轻轻吹散远方。